by BILLGREN care about protecting our environment and our oceans. That is why we have a close collaboration with the Swedish non-profit organization The Perfect World Foundation and we have designed two pieces of jewelry to help support our world with the Save The Ocean and Save The Rhino projects. Together we can make a difference.
Join us and show your commitment and contribute to a better world - Buy one of our products "Save The Ocean" (100 SEK goes directly to the project) and "Save The Rhino" (200 SEK goes directly to the project) to make a difference. Read more about our products below!
Marine mammals & turtles die every year from eating or getting stuck in plastic thrown into the sea. While over 1 million seabirds are suffocated by plastic objects every year.
Can't break down the plastic and dispose it. Instead, it just breaks down into very small particles, which gets eaten by smaller animals.
If plastic waste continues to increase at the same rate, by 2050 there will be more plastic than fish in the oceans.
8 MILLION TONS:
Plastic is dumped annually in our world's oceans. A number that really scares us!
There is a lot you can do as an individual to contribute to save the oceans. 5 simple tips are:
- Ute less plastic in general. Plastic is by far the most common waste in the ocean. 80-85% of the waste in the ocean is plastic. By reducing the use of plastic, you also reduce the risk of it ending up in our oceans. Even if you do not throw your plastic on the ground it can still end up in our oceans.
- Eat fish that is sustainably caught. Choose sustainably caught fish to reduce over overfishing. Look for labels that have independent third-party reviews such as MSC, ASC and KRAV.
- Leave no trash behind. When you've had a wonderful day at the beach with your friends or a lovely picnic in the park, make sure to have an extra look so that no trash is left behind and ends up in our oceans.
- Clean the beaches. Have a cozy walk on the beach and do a good deed at the same time. Take a bucker or a bag and collect trash that is lying on the ground, you will collect more than you think! Gather the family and make it a fun competition. Who can collect the most trash?
- Support organizations that are protecting the oceans, such as The Perfect World Foundation. You can do this by buy-in our Save The Oceans bracelet, contributes to the survival of our oceans. 100 SEK from each bracelet goes directly to the project Save The Ocean.
As a result of our close collaboration with The Perfect World Foundation, we have designed a unique bracelet that is representing that you are committed to saving our oceans. The bracelet costs 30,68 EURO and about 9 EURO (100 SEK) goes directly to The Perfect World Foundation & the project Save The Ocean.
Every day 4 rhinos are killed for their horns. 60% of the horns are used as medicine, even though there is no special substance in the horns that makes wonder. For a long time there have been rumors that the horns are supposed to cure various diseases and also that they give strength and therefore are the horns more expensive than gold in some places around the world. It is in fact not the nature that threatens the animals, it is humans. Through a close collaboration with The Perfect World Foundation and their project Save The Rhino, we have designed a necklace so that you can join and support the extinction of wild animals.
By BILLGREN have an ambition to increase knowledge about the extinction of wild animals. The necklace costs 43.87 EURO and about 18 EURO (200 SEK) goes directly to The Perfect World Foundation.
The necklace has been named "Sudan" after the last male North African rhino who passed away on March 19, 2018.
The idea for by BILLGREN was founded with an ambition to give the world men'd accessories - in a price range that fits the majority of wallets. Do you want to know more?